Like all businesses we need to take the new and ongoing risk from Covid-19 seriously treating it like any other risk that we need to mitigate. This means taking actions to reduce the risk of transmission of Coronavirus to our employees but also to our customers when we visit your sites to install and maintain security and monitoring devices. We have also signed up to following the UK Government’s guidance on making sure our work place is Covid Secure.
The actions we are taking to reduce the risk of spreading Covid-19
- Our staff are primarily continuing to work from home and only working from the office when necessary reducing the contact that we are having with each other.
- Our engineers will work as much as possible two metres apart.
- We will protect our team of engineers and avoid close proximity contact with other contractors or employees on a site.
- If we need to work in close proximity, we will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): masks and gloves.
- We will not be asking customers to have any contact with our devices and all jobs will be signed off by verbal agreement.
- When we are visiting customer sites we will expect and confirm that responsible party for the site has carried out a risk assessment prior to our visit in order to mitigate any risks for our engineers.
- If any of our employees are showing any of the recognised symptoms of Covid-19 they will immediately self-isolate and take a test for the disease as soon as practicably possible so that the right action can then be taken by them and Ecl-ips.
- We expect staff and contractors at the sites we visit to also follow the best practice advice on safety in the workplace in relation to Covid-19 and we will insist they do so while Ecl-ips representatives are on-site working. If there are consistent issues we may have to withdraw from the site while these are dealt with to ensure everybody’s safety.
Our expertise in monitoring and security gives us a particular insight to be able to provide solutions to schools, businesses and other organisations on how they can address the risks posed by Covid-19. By working safely with you we will be pleased to offer these to you along with our usual range of security and monitoring devices. If you would like to know more, please contact us.