Orisec intruder alarm systems are designed and manufactured in the United Kingdom and are only available from professional installers, like Ecl-ips. We have selected Orisec as one of our alarm suppliers because its products are reliable and easy to install and we find its cloud portal and app simple to use while also offering advanced features.
Orisec provides a cloud portal to enable remote maintenance. The advantages it can bring are:
- Peace of mind for intruder alarm users
- Control of our engineer access to your sites
- More efficient use of your staff and time
- Maintenance reports are emailed directly to inbox
Key features of the Orisec app:
- Family care feature which means you can keep a check on your loved ones without invading their privacy. Being able to discreetly keep an eye on elderly or other vulnerable family members is a good feature at any time and the app will send you an alert if it picks up that there has been no activity at your relative’s home within a programmable timeframe. This will allow you to seek help and get someone to check on your relative if you are not able to travel to their house yourself.
- Receiving notifications of when alarms are activated which could be for a break-in, fire or flood
- Setting and unsetting your alarm system, which includes full setting or just part-setting the alarm, wherever you are
- Ability to provide reassurance that elderly or younger relatives are safe and well
- Remotely control other systems or devices if connected such as CCTV, gates and lights.
Orisec: A wide range of intruder alarm products to suit your needs
Orisec offers a wide choice of wireless and hybrid (wired/wireless) grade 2 and grade 3 control panels. The wireless control panels have a range of features including:
- Up to 40 Zones
- Up to 10 On Board Zones
- Up to 5 Panel Outputs
Orisec makes a range of keypads to suit a variety of requirements. The 400 series keypads, for example, offers incredibly simple end user operation, while the TK-650 is a full colour touch screen keypad. It has an easy to navigate menu structure with integrated help file.
Orisec offers a selection of internal and external detectors that will ensure the reliability of your intruder alarm system. These include ceiling mount detectors, shock detectors for perimeter detection and covert magnetic contacts which are small enough to be installed in almost any location.
Orisec: How to videos
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of having an intruder alarm system?
The key benefits to you as a home or business owner of installing an intruder alarm are:
- Protecting your property from theft and vandalism
- Increasing the likelihood of police apprehending criminals
- Lowering your insurance premiums
- Providing peace of mind when you’re away from home or off-site
What is an intruder alarm system?
An intruder alarm system consists of a series of electrical components that are connected to a property. Via sensors and contacts, they detect movement or the opening of doors and windows, after which a loud alarm is produced to alert those nearby of the unauthorised entry.
What are the grades of intruder alarms?
Intruder alarms are categorised into 4 different grades, based on their levels of performance (such as functionality, reliability and durability). Ecl-ips will fit grade 2 and and grade 3 level alarms.
Grade 2 systems offer a good level of security for most residential properties and and lower risk small commercial properties. This level will protect against burglars who have some knowledge of the alarm system and property. It protects multiple entry points.
Grade 3 systems are designed to combat burglars and attackers with advanced knowledge of the alarm system and have tools and equipment (including portal electronic devices). The system is comprehensive and protects all potential entry points of a building. High risk homes and lots of commercial properties fall into this category.
Before we install a system we will survey your house or premises to ensure that we are providing a system that will meet your needs and the risk level of your property or business.
Who can install an Orisec intruder alarm system?
Orisec is the manufacturer of advanced intruder alarm systems but you will need to have them installed by a professionally accredited alarm installer, like Ecl-ips, which has Gold Accreditation from the National Security Inspectorate. Ecl-ips has spent time selecting quality intruder alarm systems and Orisec’s solutions are one of those that fits our criteria. We are also able to upgrade or service Orisec alarm systems.
What range of security products do you offer from Orisec?
Here are the range of products Ecl-ips can offer from Orisec to protect your home or business, not just from unwelcome visitors, but other risks too, such as smoke:
- Control Panels
- Internal and External Detectors
- Wireless Smoke Detectors
- Internal and External Sounders
- Key Fobs
- Communication Modules
What are the different types of protection available with an Intruder Alarm?
You can have perimeter protection, trap protection or a combination of these. The Orisec intruder alarm systems have a range of productions to provide the amount of protection you require. For more information see below:
- Perimeter Protection: this type of protection comprises a mixture of devices to secure the perimeter of the protected house. Contacts can be fitted to external doors to detect the opening of the door. Contact Shock Sensors are a combination of a contact and an inertia (vibration) sensor and can be fitted to windows / patio doors to detect forced entry, glass breakage and also the opening of a door or window. A key advantage to Perimeter Protection is that the system can be fully armed while you are inside the premises thereby giving you complete peace of mind.
- Trap Protection: this type of protection comprises Motion (PIR or PIR Camera) sensors within the protected premises to detect movement while the system is armed. This type of protection is ideal for a premises that is unoccupied for periods of time e.g. holiday home, small commercial premises. HKC have Pet Lense inserts for applications where there are animals in the house.
- Combination: this method combines both perimeter and trap. In this solution the perimeter is protected by a mix of Contact and Contact Sensors covering all vulnerable doors and windows. Internally, strategically located motion sensors will detect and confirm intrusion. The Panel will allow the user to part set while in the premises and have peace of mind knowing that the perimeter is secure. Once the system is fully armed all internal motion sensors will become fully active. This is usually used when the premises is vacant.