Honeywell Security Group, a part of US-based global company Honeywell, manufactures and supplies a range of security solutions. The intruder systems offered by Honeywell Security Group range from intruder alarms, control panels and motion detectors through to fully integrated intrusion and door control security installations.
The Intruder systems include environmental protection and life safety devices, and perimeter protection products including glassbreak, seismic and shock detectors. Some of the systems have a modular design and different communications options, so you can tailor them to your needs. You can also choose from wired, wireless or hybrid solutions. Ecl-ips offers Honeywell intruder alarm systems, notably the Galaxy ranges, for both commercial and domestic properties.
GX Remote Control mobile app allows users to access and control their Galaxy Flex, Galaxy Flex Plus or Galaxy Dimension systems remotely anytime, anywhere. The push notification feature offers additional comfort and peace of mind. In the occurrence of an alarm as the user receives an instant alert directly on their mobile devices. GX Remote Control mobile app is free to download and use. One single app for management of all security systems; home, business and automation outputs.
- Fast & simple to use with encrypted 10 second secure login and single touch event history
- Easy to learn and operate with intuitive interface and built-in help guide
- Comfort and peace of mind; push notification feature
- Easily manage up to 20 sites from a single smart device plus customize groups
- Output control allows users to control electrical systems ranging from heating and air-conditioning, to lighting and gate control via the App. Users can control these systems remotely enabling remote home & business automation from any smart device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an intruder alarm system?
An intruder alarm system consists of a series of electrical components that are connected to a property. Via sensors and contacts, they detect movement or the opening of doors and windows, after which a loud alarm is produced to alert those nearby of the unauthorised entry.
How would I benefit by having an intruder alarm system?
The key benefits to you as a home or business owner of installing an intruder alarm are:
- Protecting your property from theft and vandalism
- Increasing the likelihood of police apprehending criminals
- Lowering your insurance premiums
- Providing peace of mind when you’re away from home or off-site
What are the grades of intruder alarms?
Intruder alarms are categorised into 4 different grades, based on their levels of performance (such as functionality, reliability and durability). Ecl-ips will fit grade 2 and and grade 3 level alarms.
Grade 2 systems offer a good level of security for most residential properties and and lower risk small commercial properties. This level will protect against burglars who have some knowledge of the alarm system and property. It protects multiple entry points.
Grade 3 systems are designed to combat burglars and attackers with advanced knowledge of the alarm system and have tools and equipment (including portal electronic devices). The system is comprehensive and protects all potential entry points of a building. High risk homes and lots of commercial properties fall into this category.
Before we install a system we will survey your house or premises to ensure that we are providing a system that will meet your needs and the risk level of your property or business.
What are the different types of protection available with an Intruder Alarm?
You can have perimeter protection, trap protection or a combination of these. The HKC intruder alarm systems have a range of productions to provide the amount of protection you require. For more information see below:
- Perimeter Protection: this type of protection comprises a mixture of devices to secure the perimeter of the protected house. Contacts can be fitted to external doors to detect the opening of the door. Contact Shock Sensors are a combination of a contact and an inertia (vibration) sensor and can be fitted to windows / patio doors to detect forced entry, glass breakage and also the opening of a door or window. A key advantage to Perimeter Protection is that the system can be fully armed while you are inside the premises thereby giving you complete peace of mind.
- Trap Protection: this type of protection comprises Motion (PIR or PIR Camera) sensors within the protected premises to detect movement while the system is armed. This type of protection is ideal for a premises that is unoccupied for periods of time e.g. holiday home, small commercial premises. HKC have Pet Lense inserts for applications where there are animals in the house.
- Combination: this method combines both perimeter and trap. In this solution the perimeter is protected by a mix of Contact and Contact Sensors covering all vulnerable doors and windows. Internally, strategically located motion sensors will detect and confirm intrusion. The Panel will allow the user to part set while in the premises and have peace of mind knowing that the perimeter is secure. Once the system is fully armed all internal motion sensors will become fully active. This is usually used when the premises is vacant.
Who can provide a Honeywell Galaxy Intruder Alarm?
Honeywell Galaxy intruder alarm systems need to be installed by a professionally accredited alarm installer, like Ecl-ips, which has Gold Accreditation from the National Security Inspectorate. Ecl-ips will always obtain the Galaxy solutions required from an authorised distributor. We are also able to upgrade or service Honeywell Galaxy alarm systems.
What range of products do you offer from Honeywell Galaxy?
Using authorised distributors we can install the full range of Galaxy products to protect your home or business, not just from unwelcome visitors, but other risks too, such as smoke:
- Control Panels
- Internal and External Detectors
- Wireless Smoke Detectors
- Internal and External Sounders
- Key Fobs
- Communication Modules
Whatever your chosen intruder alarm system our surveyors will design a bespoke system using the right solutions to meet your needs.