Why choose Openpath?
- Are you tired of losing keys or have multiple badges if you work across several sites?
- Do you find it difficult to manage issuing new cards or fobs to temporary workers or contractors and getting them returned?
- Do you want to be able to offer secure but easy access to those maintaining or cleaning your sites?
If the answer to any of these is yes then you need to take a look at the Openpath solution.
Openpath access control solution
Openpath access control delivers reliable keyless, mobile access control with smart video, intercom capabilities and cloud-based software. This software, state-of-the-art hardware and advanced record-keeping technology means easy access for users and effective remote management for site operators and owners. The access control system is created with scalable technologies designed to secure everything from a single door, office, or a global enterprise with multiple buildings.
Instant communication and updates all managed remotely via the cloud.
Easy-to-install readers and controllers with live video, two-way intercom, and touchless capabilities in a sleek design.
The Openpath readers support touchless access with smartphones, cards, fobs and Apple watch.
Benefits of Openpath Access Control
If you an organisation that doesn’t want to compromise ease for security, Openpath offers innovative, intelligent access control that automates your security infrastructure, so you can focus on managing your business.
- Easy, but secure, access for staff, visitors, contractors, delivery drivers
- Centralised access control for easy management of sites nationally and globally
- Lower costs with automatic system-wide updates
- Support for unlimited sites, doors, users, roles and groups
- Site-specific controls for every location and user on a single interface
- Reduce IT costs with no expensive licensing or software to renew
- Maintain audit logs of admin portal activity and control who has access to your data
- Boost productivity by providing instant access credentials in the cloud
- Seamless integrations with leading video management providers including Avigilon
- Remote system management: manage your entire database from any web browser, on any device, wherever you are.
- Integrated video and access control: powerful visual verification with mobile monitoring, remote unlock, and two-way audio.
- Smart security for every door: complete access control with video, voice activation, turnstile and lift solutions, plus wireless lock integrations.
- Reduce costs with intuitive software that eliminates the need for a dedicated administrator, and automates processes across IoT-connected devices and sites
Creation of Access Control for the 21st Century
OpenPath was founded in 2016 by US technology entrepreneurs initially using their own funds then expanded further by raising more money through venture capital firm partners. The company quickly won awards in the USA as a fast-growing tech start-up and for its innovative approach to access control. The company was acquired by Motorola Solutions in July 2021 and two of the founders: Openpath’s Chief Executive, Alex Kazerani, and President, James Segil, are now also heading the Access Control Business at the security solutions company.
We are well-established partners of Avigilon, which is now also part of Motorola Solutions, and are excited to offer Openpath’s cloud based access control solution and the Avigilon on-premise access control system, Access Control Manager. There are only a few selected installers across the UK able to offer Openpath and we are delighted that we are one of them.
We and Openpath take security, privacy, and regulatory matters seriously. The Openpath hardware meets European compliance standards, and its readers are IP65 rated, which means it has a level of protection against water and dust. Openpath is also GDPR compliant, demonstrating it treats your data responsibly and meets UK data protection obligations.
Cloud-based access control can support a range of sectors
With potentially high staff turnover in the retail industry, traditional access control solutions are painstaking and costly to administer. With profit margins narrow the cloud-based system retains security but keeps ongoing costs low.
At the same time theft by staff and shoppers can be a problem and we can integrate this access control solution with Avigilon CCTV to improve security and protect your assets.
- Improve staff satisfaction: Through the hands-free feature, employees can get into work simply by waving at the reader without taking out their phone.
- Easy to administer: Simple to add and remove employees with the cloud-based software. Openpath can integrate with your scheduling system to help manage various employee schedules.
With Openpath, private gym members just need their smartphone to get in. The 24-hour gym entry system can be installed on outside entries, interior doors, and turnstiles to improve security and convenience.
Reduce congestion with fast, touchless entry for gyms via wave to unlock feature
Eliminate cumbersome sign-in sheets and reduce front-desk staffing requirements
Extend gym operating hours without hiring additional staff
Backwards compatible with existing gym swipe card entry systems
Protect against tailgating and membership fraud
Openpath works across all forms of entry, including parking barriers, lifts and garages. From one building to multiple buildings property managers can install the latest technology with Openpath which will integrate with other building management systems.
- Openpath makes retrofits easy by using existing wiring to reduce your upgrade costs. Plus, it can sit alongside your legacy system and upgrade everyone to mobile credentials while still supporting existing keycards so there is no interruption in experience for current office tenants.
With the ability to seamlessly integrate with any commercial access control system already in place or stand alone as a complete solution, Openpath can completely modernise your building with mobile credentials, hands-free entry, and cloud-based software
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need access control?
It allows you to manage your buildings more effectively and keep them more secure. They give you the ability to monitor people entering buildings, or parts of your premises both if you are on site or off site via remote access. With the cloud-based solution offered by Openpath you will have even more flexibility in the management of access to one or many buildings.
What will get from the Openpath access control solution?
The Openpath access control solution provides you with a complete package:
- Modern hardware: including readers and controllers with live video and two-way intercom.
- Cloud-based software: Instant communication and updates all managed remotely via the cloud.
- Encrypted credentials: Openpath readers support touchless access with smartphones, cards, fobs and Apple watch.
What are the benefits of Openpath access control?
The main benefits of Openpath access control are:
- Fast, reliable patented Triple Unlock technology that supports multiple secure access methods
- Touchless mobile experience with digital badges, guest passes, and two-way intercom capabilities
- Secure cloud-based software with remote management and automatic system updates
- Real-time activity alerts, tracking, and visual monitoring
- Seamless integrations through its open API (Application Programming Interface) platform
- Beautifully designed hardware installs effortlessly to support anywhere from a single door to a multi-site enterprise
How does Openpath access control make entry easier for managers, staff, visitors and residents?
Openpath provides a complete mobile experience for those managing access for others and for users:
- Touchless entry with unique Wave to Unlock capabilities
- Unlock in the app, with Apple Watch, tablet apps, plus encrypted key card or fobs
- Easy-to-use mobile app with digital badges and automatic entry detection
- Digital guest pass for temporary visitor access to the right doors at the right times
- Remote unlock grants access to any authorised entry, from anywhere in the world
How can you manage access control with the Openpath cloud-based solution?
The cloud-based software packages from Openpath provides various feature sets to fit any size organisation including:
- Remote management of the entire platform on any web-enabled device, from anywhere
- Door schedules, enhanced role management, customisable rule-based actions, and zone sharing settings
- Detailed real-time activity reports with the ability to schedule in advance for regular auditing
- Flexible lockdown plans with remote activation from any device
Can you have video cameras as part of the Openpath access control solution?
Yes , you can have unified video and access control with Openpath’s smart readers which have high-definition video cameras built in. In addition you can have:
- The mobile app for viewing live video and recorded access control events
- The ability to integrate with leading video security providers, like Avigilon which is our preferred CCTV solution to install
- Alerts for access events with live video sent directly to your mobile device
- Enhanced visibility and control with real-time combined reporting and remote unlock capabilities
Who can benefit from Openpath access control?
Anyone who wants an easy-to-use access control solution which takes advantage of the power of the cloud. In particular: users, managers, staff or visitors in schools and colleges; gyms and leisure centres; commercial sites of all types and residential blocks would all benefit from Openpath.
Who are Openpath?
Openpath is a Motorola Solution company. It was originally founded in 2016 by US technology entrepreneurs initially using their own funds then expanded further by raising more money through venture capital firm partners. The company quickly won awards in the USA as a fast-growing tech start-up and for its innovative approach to access control. The company was acquired by Motorola Solutions in July 2021 and two of the founders: Openpath’s Chief Executive, Alex Kazerani, and President, James Segil, are now also heading the Access Control Business at the security solutions company. Openpath’s headquarters address is: 600 Corporate Pointe, Suite 400, Culver City, California 90230.
We would like an on-premise access control solution what can you offer me?
Ecl-ips is a long-term partner of Avigilon and can offer its on-premise solution, Access Control Manager. Additionally we partner with Paxton which can provide its Paxton Net2 access control solution.