IPVideo harnesses the power of the Internet of Things (IoT) and incorporates artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to deliver a range of open platform physical security, sensor and audio/visual solutions. It aims to design and manufacture solutions for a smarter and safer world.
We began offering the HALO Smart Sensor in 2021 due to our partnership with Avigilon, also owned by Motorola Solutions. We soon realised that the features of the HALO, particularly as a vape detector, would have a wider benefit beyond our CCTV customers so began to work with IPVideo directly.
The HALO Smart Sensor is a three-in-one health, safety and vape detection device. It discreetly detects threats such as vaping, cannabis smoke and harmful gases or so you can take action to protect others. This means it has a wide application in private areas that you may want to monitor for health and safety, as well as security, reasons such as school toilets, changing rooms and hotel guest rooms.
Key benefits of the HALO are: Vape and THC detection; a range of factors such as CO₂ which could mean a high level of airborne diseases; Air Quality Monitoring; Chemical and Gas Detection and Aggression Monitoring and detecting calls for help.
The company launched an enhanced version of the device in summer 2023, the HALO Smart Sensor 3C, which has these exciting additions:
- Emergency Escape and Alert Lighting: LED coloured lighting options that can be programmed to show escape routes for safety such as a red, yellow, and green pattern. You can create unique colours for different alerts
- such as purple for Air Quality alerts or blue for Health alerts. The lights themselves are projected onto the ceiling around the HALO for extended visibility. This feature would be useful within accessible toilets or emergency exit tunnels that might otherwise be difficult to escape from.
- Motion Detection: Identify and alert on movement for occupancy and trespassing. This allows you to have even greater surveillance of your premises beyond that provided by CCTV.
- Panic Button: Users can trigger alerts via an external 3rd party panic button or via the HALO cloud app. The location of the trigger is associated to the HALO device in closest proximity. This can support people in healthcare settings, for example.
- Occupancy and People Counting: Identify how many people are within the HALO location and configure to alert on abnormalities. This feature is available on the HALO 3C-PC.