While 2021 has not got off to the best of starts with the commencement of lockdown 3 in England we know that better times are ahead with the rollout of the vaccine programme across the UK. However, just like in March last year we need a national effort to stay at home to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), especially in the light of the increased infectiousness of the new variant of the disease.
Security, monitoring and safeguarding specialist Ecl-ips remains open for business, despite the lockdown, and we are ready and able to support our customers remotely and on site if required. If your premises are staying empty, or there are less staff on site ensuring your CCTV and alarm systems are working properly is important.
For added peace of mind modern CCTV, access control and alarm systems, can be managed remotely by users or by the installers if they also offer ongoing maintenance and support. If you want advice on Avigilon, Paxton, HKC or Orisec systems then we can help and can offer this via a chat that can be booked online at a time to suit you.
Additionally, with fewer staff on site, ensuring your IT spaces and server rooms are running smoothly, and appliances are properly monitored so that power surges or issues such as leaks or temperature spikes are not going to cause any IT downtime, is vital. Ecl-ips can supply monitoring devices such as the APC Netbotz 250 and the APC Netbotz 750 and again provide advice on their use either online or via the telephone.
Essential retailers and other businesses that are remaining open during the lockdown period may want to take advantage of the new software features and CCTV solutions that have been developed by Avigilon and Paxton in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic that Ecl-ips can offer to you.
Avigilon’s solutions are:
- The H4 Thermal Elevated Temperature (ETD) solution
- Occupancy Counting for premises;
- Solutions to enforce the rules on social distancing and the wearing of face coverings;
- Body-worn cameras that can support staff enforcing COVID-19 guidelines so they feel safer dealing with the public.
Paxton’s advances are:
- Checkpoint control which works by funnelling people through to one entrance point which, when they enter, allows you to do extra monitoring, for example temperature checks, and then a validation process which can be manual or automatic by using their usual access control accreditation.
- Occupancy management features within its Net2 software to support social distancing within buildings.
Meanwhile, if your business or organisation is not as busy or as productive as usual why not use this time during lockdown 3 for planning improvements to your business premises? These plans could include making enhancements to your access control systems so you can better manage staff and visitors to your site; ensuring intruder alarm systems are up to date and assessing your CCTV system so it is as effective as it can be.
Ecl-ips would love the opportunity to have an online chat with you about what your security and safeguarding needs are. You will talk with one of our experts about the solutions we can provide. We are available at a time to suit you and your 30-minute slot can be booked easily online so why not contact us today?